The American Shorthorn Association is transitioning to utilizing GeneSeek for all genetic testing. As a result of the change, there are several new forms and processes members should be aware of.
- GeneSeek Sample cards (hair or blood) will now be the only accepted cards for testing. Sample cards can be obtained by filling out the online request form at: http://shorthorn.org/registrations/genetictesting/gthowto_registrations.html or by contacting the American Shorthorn Association at (402) 393-7200.
- Samples returned on cards from other labs will be charged a $2 re-carding fee by the lab.
- All DNA samples (hair, semen, blood) must first be sent to the American Shorthorn Association with appropriate forms and fees. The association will make weekly shipments to the GeneSeek lab.
- Updated forms for use can be found online at :http://shorthorn.org/registrations/genetictesting/gthowto_registrations.html
- Forms available include the Genetic Testing Form to order any genetic testing desired and a parental testing form for verification of unknown parentage.
As always, if any questions arise, please contact Jake Alden at the American Shorthorn Association at (402) 393-7200.